Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GROW!

Be careful what you pray for.

Seriously.

Husband prayed last year for patience and endurance.  I know that I learned both of those through my pregnancy.  And I'm continually learning them through motherhood.

I tend to pray for growth.  He sure is growing me.  I feel stretched to the limit, for sure!  But, then as I think about it, life would be boring if we weren't growing.  If we never had to rise up against new challenges, or take on new responsibilities.  That's how God is growing me.  Responsibilities.  A youth group and a baby, He's trusted me with both at the same time.  With His precious children.  He obviously thinks that I can handle it.  But it is taking some growth and stretching on my part to be able to handle all this the way He wants. 

So, the lesson I learned today, if I don't turn to the One who has led me here, I'm going to wilt.  If I sit in His light, I will blossom and grow and the colors of my petals will be vivid and extraordinary.

1 comment: