Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In the Light


Sometimes when I do a lesson for my kids, I get more out of it than they do I think. I've been meditating the past couple of days on the lesson we just went over tonight. The night was on technology and how we should use it for the good of the world and not abuse it or use it for evil. But that's not really the part that got me. It was this quote by Mother Teresa:


"Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness."



Man, if we are not giving Christ the glory in everything we say and do, then we are increasing the darkness. How often do I say stupid things that are definitely not glorifying the Lord? How often do I do stupid things that take away from what really matters in life?

If we look at the big picture, does what we do in life really matter in terms of eternity, or are we adding to the darkness?

"Live as children of light, for light produces every kind of goodness and righteousness and truth. Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the fruitless works of darkness."
- Ephesians 5:8-11

2 comments:

  1. I find it very non-coincidental that you were reflecting on this. The last few days I have been pondering some of the writings of St. John of the Cross that both addressed this issue and for some reason reminded me of Mother Teresa. It not only "increases the darkness" when we do something against the glory of God, but also when we do or say things that are in and of themselves not necessarily wrong but do not specifically seek out the glory of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete