Friday, November 20, 2009

Spreading Love Blog by Blog


Three days ago I was given a blogger award. Seeing as I am new to the blogging world, I am quite flattered and the pressure is building on me to keep writing. Which is a very good thing. My best friend from high school has given me this award because we are both on the same journey to unleash our inner childhood dream of writing. Of course, she is scores ahead of me, but maybe some day I will catch up to her. Alisha and I have been through many life-altering events together. Things like senior prom and the high school basketball team all the way to college and marriages and now she is one of my biggest advisors through pregnancy. Thanks, soul twin, for this award and for the encouragement to follow this crazy dream.

So now that this wonderful award has been bestowed on me, I must pass it on to five other bloggers and tell you 6 things you may not know about me. Bare with me because neither one of those will be an easy task for me to fulfill. But that is why it has taken me so many days to finish this assignment. ;)


1. I have a deaf dog. My husband and I love to take advantage of this fact. Hide and seek is fun with the dog, so is walking in the house and getting so many things done without her knowing we're home. And, we love to scare her. It may sound mean, but she just wags her butt at us every time we get her.

2. I am a Catholic youth minister and I love it. Most days. It can get difficult, but that's when I know I'm in the right job.

3. I am madly in love with my husband and I have been since the day I met him. It took us almost four years to get married due to the journeys we decided to take in life, but the wait was well worth it.

4. My whole life I've wanted to be married and have babies. And now that I'm about to have a baby, I'm scared to death. Which is a pretty common emotion to have, I hear, but still it's crazy to think that my whole identity is soon to change once again.

5. I'm such a nerd that a good day off of work to me means that I can finish a whole book from beginning to end without ever having to put it down.

6. I am newly obsessed with taking pictures. Maybe along with writing random stuff from time to time, photography can become a pseudo hobby and one day I can change the world through it.



As for other bloggers, I will get back to you at a later date. No worries, it won't be a way later date, next week. Mostly because I'm going to have to do some research to find some great blogs!!!!




3 comments:

  1. I don't think number 1 is mean; it's quite convenient!

    Number 4, totally normal. You're growing a human being. And then you have to make sure it grows up into a normal adult. It's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping this allows us to post a comment to your blog ~finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! I, on behalf of the collective 'us' meaning of course your dad and I... have finally conquered the 'post a comment'! From one author to another, well done Sadie. We are very proud of you and enjoy reading your blog as you continue your journey of self expression, soul searching and spreading love. Love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete