Monday, November 2, 2009

Soul Expression




Upon reflection of life, I've realized that I have no solid way of expressing my soul. I have a soul, it grows and changes, and slowly is becoming what it's meant to be. But, how does a person express it to the world? Whether anyone else actually seizes the opportunity to see what your soul is all about, there is solace in expressing it.



My wonderful husband is a brilliant musician and quite often comes home with a new song he has written, usually
better than his last. I love it. It's a glimpse inside of him I wouldn't otherwise have. Most of the time his songs are inspired by his latest spiritual reflections and revelations
. And through his music, he is encouraging others to grow spiritually and become who they are supposed to be. In his music, he takes the rest of us to a different, almost better world.
In his music, he allows us to see the beauty in life. Something that can be a very difficult thing to see at times.






And then, there's this woman in my life, one that I have always cherished my time with. My grandmother. My Grannie is one of

the most amazing artists I've ever met. She can paint the most
wonderful, vivid watercolors. My favorite painting that she's
done is my great grandmother at one of my
birthday tea parties. Every year for my birthday, we would have a tea party, and every year my great grandma would show up in her big white hat and ginormous wooden beaded necklace. This painting Grannie did, well, she put on canvas my great grandma's soul. Her very essence. It's a profile shot and she's in her tea outfit. Laughing. Pure joy is actually radiating from the painting. There will be fights over that painting for sure. Within her paintings, my grannie shows the love she
has for family, the faith she has in God, and the beauty of her soul.


Don't let me forget to tell you about another special woman.

One that has just recently showed up in my life. One that shines without even trying. One that after one phone call, I wanted to be her best friend (and yes, I'm aware that everyone who talks to her for
5 seconds feels the same way.) My wedding photographer, Chriselda. She can capture in a lens the beauty of another
person's soul, the love between two souls, the innocence of a
child, and whatever else she's trying to capture. And in that, the woman expresses herself in ways that I wish I could. She loves each and every person she has ever had a camera in front of. She has a captivating personality, that even though I've met her only twice in person, I feel like she's one of my closest friends. Because, in her photo blogs (www.chriseldaphotography.com), her soul radiates and becomes a magnet for anyone who even takes a glimpse at the page.






There are so many more people in my life that are able to express their inner-most being without necessarily even realizing it. I've tried music. Let's just say, I'm praying our children get Wade's talent in that aspect. I've tried being artistic, and in some ways I can be, but I definitely cannot take a blank canvas and create magic.
Thus, my quest begins.
I've decided that I should at leasts begin writing something somewhere other than my journal. Somewhere where it takes a bit of a risk to put my thoughts down. Somewhere that my childhood dream of being a writer can slowly start to shape itself, even if it is only on a small website and the chances of people reading are slim to none. Even if it means people think I'm more crazy than they originally thought (if that's even possible). Even if what you and I find out about me is scary or weird or not worth finding out about at all.
It's worth it to try a new adventure. To see if this may be the avenue in which my soul will release itself. To maybe allow people to see what I've been to much of a wuss to show....

5 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging! it's quite addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know that I did read it, and I think it's great! And don't worry about people thinking you're crazy...pretty sure everyone who has ever known you has thought that. I've thought about doing this myself...Anyway, I'll keep reading if you keep writing! -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. sadie dear, this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me. (((hug)))

    and i beg to differ about you not expressing your soul. i can tell you that after i hung up the phone with YOU, that i wanted to shoot your wedding just as much! i have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you over the year and have always admired the way you shine and radiate such a peace and happiness. when i think about you, and the times i have photographed you, i can't help but giggle and laugh and be happy as well. regardless of my mood. you are truly a happy person and you have the ability to not only EXPRESS it, LIVE it, BE it but also... to SPREAD it. your laughter is contagious and your smile is penetrating!
    so don't think for ONE second that you have no way of expressing your soul... because you do that effortlessly and without picking up ANY sort of tool. and that is, above all others, the BEST way to express ourselves! the fact that you SEE so much in everyone else, and that you focus in on it, and cherish it... is an expression of your soul.

    i wish i could be more like you and find the beauty in the world because that's ALL you see - and if you see the ugliness, you somehow disregard it without hesitation.

    and i have witnessed this for myself in every aspect of your wedding planning. you just wanted to be married to wade. and the day of, you were just bursting over with happiness to see him and be his.

    sadie, you are a walking soul. and everyone that even GLANCES at you can see that.

    this was said of my friend but i think it applies to YOU as well... you have the "ability to make every person in your life seem like the most important person in the world to you"

    i love you ten times as much as you love me. and feel very honored to create memories for you!

    SMOOoooOoooCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadro,

    First of all, you may have just found the creative outlet you were looking for. That was really great to read. And as far as creativity goes, don't ask yourself if what you wrote up there was good or ask anybody else if it was good. The question is, did you enjoy it? You bring so much joy to other people without an ounce of effort. You also have one of those personalities that makes most people go, "Man I'd like to be inside her head for one day." -(In a good way). So keep throwing out the ideas because your fans are on the edge of our seats.

    Love Ya,
    Bradley Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nutty Bride!

    Your life is a living canvas of all of the beauty you bring to the world. You didn't have to learn to do that you just do it! You are doing wonderful things already and you help others create joy and love on their life canvas too!

    Remember those little empty boxes that were "Boxes of Love" and were wrapped in gift paper? At first I thought How cheap or how cheesy, but I remember one day when you were about 6 year old and I had a bad day and was sitting and crying. You went and got one of those Boxes of Love and gave it to me. You said " Mommy, I hope this makes you feel better." Of course that made me cry harder but for a good reason. You helped me realize the power of Love and the little gestures it takes to bring joy to someone else.

    You are unique, special, and loved.

    Mom (Ninji)

    ReplyDelete