Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Family

It's Wishcasting Wednesday!  Today's question:  What do you wish for your family?

First, I have to say that my definition of family has changed drastically in the last 7 months.  In a good way.  In fact, Husband and I were just talking about this the other day.  We both grew up with really amazing families, supportive, faith-driven, and consumed with love.  But the other day I looked at my new husband, and I couldn't believe that we are now family.  He and I and this little ninja kid inside of me.  Not that we aren't part of our 'families of origin' as I've heard it referred to, but we are building our own web of love and protection and support.  And this will be the only family that our children know of.  It's such a crazy, amazing blessing to be given this responsibility.

So my wish for my new little family is that we continue to grow in love for each other, in love for our God, and that we are able to overcome the obstacles that society throws at us.  Such a simple wish, but in reality, growing in love is a hard thing to remain focused on.

2 comments:

  1. as sadie wishes for her family, so i lovingly wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see pictures of Baby McNutt!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete