Monday, January 25, 2010

Prego Progress

I was told I should blog more about my pregnancy.  Mostly because I have all these ridiculous things that continue to happen that I love to blow way out of proportion to create a good story.  Actually, that's a lie.  I blow them out of proportion because I can tend to be a tad bit dramatic.  Stop laughing, I already know it's true....


So here is a story that I think most will enjoy.  


Husband and I got a Wii for Christmas.  Way fun, and definitely a nice surprise from the in-laws!  So, we got the Wii home and realized that we should get a new TV.  Mind you, we don't really splurge on things like that, not to mention the fact that I was absolutely adamant about not having a TV in the house.  Mostly because I can get really addicted to the crappy TV shows that everyone loves but no one will admit to loving.  But, all that aside, we made a trip to Wal-Mart with all of our Christmas money and leftover gift cards.  We bought a new TV, a new TV stand (our living room actually looks kind of updated now, well, aside from the mismatched garage sale furniture.)  And the best purchase of all, Wii Fit Plus to go with our new Wii!!!


Mind you, this was the one thing that convinced Wade to keep the Wii (when it was given to us, it was given with the reciept so we could take it back if we wanted in exchange for the cash.)  So, we have the Wii Fit, and really, it totally rocks.  I swear, Wade is getting way buff because he really uses it to work out and stretch his back and such.  Not to mention all the really fun games that allows you to be penguins and chickens and get hit in the face with metal cleats without bleeding.  It's quite the experience.  If you ever come visit, we will for sure make you play.  ;)


Anyway, in order to partake in the exciting festivities on the Wii Fit, you must create a Mii character (really fun, actually, our's creepily resemble us).  And then with your Mii character you get weighed and measured and have to do all these balance tests.  Really great when your not 7 months prego!!!  The Wii continually tells me I'm overweight, in which I like to yell back at it that I'M NOT FAT, I'M PREGNANT!!!!  Seriously, why is there not a pregnant mode so that when you gain a pound since last time it will celebrate instead of reprimanding you and asking you why you think you gained weight...  And then when it doesn't give you the right answer, and you say, "I don't know" it says, "really, you don't know?"  I'm not kidding this is my actual conversation with our video game.  


And to make matters worse, the balance test results in a 'Wii Age'.  A couple years ago I was a couple of years younger than my actual age.  Now, because I'm a little top heavy and ginormous in the front, it says I'm like 35.  WHAT!?!  And then my little Mii character gets this defeated look and shakes her head.  All this while I'm standing on the balance board yelling, 'I'M PREGNANT, YOU STUPID THING!!!'  And Wade is trying to reassure me that it's really okay and I'm not fat, and that I'm cute and blah blah blah....


Anyway, just one of my many pregnant adventures.  =)  Really, I love it.  And I really am getting huge.  I have added this picture to show you.  =)




Not to mention, this pic was taken in our nursery, now painted.  Check out the process here!!!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA this is awesome!! I got a Wii and Wii Fit Plus for Christmas too and I know your pain of getting lectured by my video game and i'm not pregnant!! The one thing I can tell you is wait until after you have the baby and get on the Wii!! The machine will start to lecture you about how fast you are losing all that weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny!!! My friend sold her Wii fit because it made her short, which she is but it made her look fluffier which she didn't like!!! Keep in mind too that this is designed by the Japanese & with the exception of Yao Ming, they're all tiny!!!! LOL...Love the belly shot, would like to see pictures of Baby McNutt!!!!

    ReplyDelete