Monday, May 24, 2010

ENERGY!

I knew I was tired when I was a pregnant woman, but I'm just now beginning to realize how tired I truly was.  I feel like a brand new being, up early, and not due to heart burn, actually accomplishing things around the house and getting really pumped for the things I have to get done today.

We are at the end of my second year as an official 'youth minister' and it has been quite a ride!  Challenging, but rewarding all the same.  I have watched these kids grow so much and fall so in love with the faith that I almost can't handle it!  Last night was our last night for the high school and the things they told us they've learned....it makes me happy to know that we as a team were able to help them grow in the most important aspect of their lives....

I can't wait for Wednesday to see what my middle school kids have to say!!!  Those are the kids that really surprise you!!

All this to say that even with having a baby in the middle of the year, or maybe especially because of that, the year went by WAY too fast!  I've fallen so in love with these kids and the volunteers that teach them.  I may think that God gives me too much responsibility, but I feel so incredibly blessed that He trusts me with such an important and life-giving job.

Just like I told the kids last night, it's soul-feeding to do what we do.

1 comment:

  1. You do have a very important job. It's amazing to be able to touch the lives of so many young people. You are doing great work!

    ReplyDelete