Saturday, December 12, 2009

Soul Expression 2

I just finished the movie Julie & Julia, and oh my goodness, it was amazing.  I felt like it spoke to the souls of every woman ever born.  Life is all about finding what we love, and letting our souls shine through that passion.  Allowing other people in, even if it's scary, or we don't think they will want to.  Because, once we open up in unimaginable ways, people are drawn in to the authenticity.  They are drawn in to the  raw and vulnerable.  Why is it that people want to be around real people, but it's so hard to drop the facade?  Julie & Julia, both women, in very different time periods were able to open up, and through that they helped other women do the same thing.  I love true stories about authentic people.

And, of course, I have to mention that these two women in the movie would not have been able to accomplish what they did without the loving support of their husbands.  It's often said that behind every good man is a good woman, but really, that goes both ways.  I know for a fact that I would not be able to do anything well without my husband encouraging me the whole way.  From growing a fetus to making stockings (a good post for a later day, once they get finished.)  But, really, I guess that's what a marriage is supposed to be.  Both people finding or growing in their passion with the other one cheering them on the whole way.

I love when Julie's husband gives her the set of pearls.  He feeds her dream.  And that is what life should be about.

 Feeding our dreams.

2 comments:

  1. yes. they do feed our dreams! can't wait to see the stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Sadie. It is so very true. I fell in love with the movie for the same reasons. We are sooooo blessed to have such wonderful husbands.

    ReplyDelete